COP23 Side Event: Why Wait? Energizing Finance To Seize The Energy Access Dividend
This side event will explore the findings from Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL), Power for All and Overseas Development Institute analysis on the concept of the Energy Access Dividend, and its synergies to the recently released findings of the SEforALL Energizing Finance reports. It will take a deeper dive into what is needed for policy makers, investors and project developers to go further faster towards SDG 7 and ensure that no one is left behind.
It will include opening remarks and launch of the Why Wait? Seizing the Energy Access Dividend report from Rachel Kyte, CEO of Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) and Special Representative of the UN Secretary General on Sustainable Energy for All, and then be followed by a ministerial-level, moderated dialogue over 45-minutes on how energy and financial planning processes can support faster access to electricity in rural and hard to reach areas by addressing the opportunities, development benefits and finance barriers facing faster to deploy, decentralized energy solutions.
Not going to COP? We’ll be streaming the event live from our Facebook page.
Follow #SDG7Dividend for the latest on social media.
Opening Remarks and Moderator:
- RACHEL KYTE, Chief Executive Officer of SEforALL, and Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All
- H.E. Mr. KARE CHAWICHA DEBESSA, State Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Federal Republic of Ethiopia
- JOS DELBEKE, Director General, DG CLIMA, European Commission
- JAMES FLETCHER, Managing Director, Soloricon Ltd., Former Minister of the Public Service, Sustainable Development, Energy, Science and Technology, Government of Saint Lucia
- KRISTINA SKIERKA, CEO, Power for All